In need of groceries, gas, or a bite to eat? Just 5-minutes from White Oak Creek Ranch are the two quaint little towns of Big Sandy and Gladewater, where you can find all your daily essentials to stock up your pantry, fill up your car, and even enjoy a unique dish!
DINING & ATTRACTIONS
There are plenty of places to enjoy a great meal or get some shopping done close to White Oak Creek Ranch! Both Big Sandy and Gladewater offer a variety of shops and eateries for everyone to enjoy. If you are a golf enthusiast or want to browse some charming boutiques, Gladewater is a great destination.
• The Crawfish Stand • Circle M Crawfish • Uncle Mike's Italian Café • Longhorn Smokehouse • Cross-eyed Cow • Romero's Tex-Mex Restaurant • StewBabes' Grill • Subway
• Chicken Express • Tele's #5 • Buttercups Bakery and Café • Guadalupe's Mexican Restaurant • Tejas Chile Pepper • Bodacious BBQ • Subway • Glade Café • StewBabes' Grill • Neptune's Grille and Bar • Domino's Pizza • Sonic Drive-in • McDonald's • The Central Station Brick & Brew • Gladewater Donut Shop • West Pacific Pizza • Texas Traditions • La Finca Mexican Restaurant • China Dragon
ATTRACTIONS IN GLADEWATER
• Mrs. Lee's Daffodil Garden • The Gladewater Museum • Skydive East Texas • The Gladewater Opry • Tempest Golf Club • Little Bit Tattered – Antique Shop
WATER RECEATION & FISHING
Situated in the middle of three great fishing lakes, White Oak Creek Ranch offers premier fishing in all directions! Head northwest of your new country homesite just about 30-minutes and you can be at one of the best bass fishing lakes in Texas – Lake Fork. Go 30 to 35 minutes east and you'll be at Lake O' The Pines, with a similar drive time southwest to Lake Palestine.
Lake Palestine (39 miles southwest): The lake is very popular for largemouth bass tournaments due to its consistent success. Both white bass and hybrid striped bass are present; white bass are particularly popular during their spring run up the Neches River and Kickapoo Creeks. Channel and blue catfish are abundant and flathead catfish provide great opportunity for trophy-sized fish.
Lake Fork (40 miles northwest): At 27,690 acres and 315 miles of shoreline, Lake Fork was designed as a premier bass fishing lake and currently holds records for 34 out of the top 50 largemouth bass caught in Texas. Lake Fork is widely known as one of the best bass fishing lakes in Texas and a frequent spot for fishing tournaments.
Lake O' The Pines (42 miles east): Known as the most beautiful lake in East Texas since 1956, Lake O' The Pines sits on an area of 16,919 acres surrounded by gorgeous pine trees that reach into the sky. This fishery contains large mouth bass, spotted bass, catfish, white bass, crappie, sunfish, and chain pickerel. Enjoy the most incredible sunsets from the shoreline or on the water, with access from numerous boat ramps that surround the lake.
OUTDOOR RECREATION NEARBY
Looking to get outdoors and enjoy the fresh country air, while becoming one with nature? There are plenty of places to hike, birdwatch, go on nature walks, just down the road from White Oak Creek Ranch! So hop in the car and take the short drive to explore some of the prettiest nature preserves and wildlife refuges in the area.
Old Sabine Bottom Wildlife Management Area: Well-planned trails provide 24 miles of marked and named routes as the Old Sabine Bottom Wildlife Management Area meanders between the Sabine River and the Old Sabine River Channel. Depending on the annual conditions, the area maintains populations of squirrels, waterfowl, deer, hogs and turkey. Amenities include hiking, biking, primitive camping, horseback riding, fishing, and hunting.
Little Sandy National Wildlife Refuge: This National Wildlife Refuge is 3,802 acres in Wood County, Texas, is privately owned. Protected by a conservation easement, it is the site of the Little Sandy Hunting and Fishing Club. It is located within the Sabine River Floodplain and considered bottomland forest. It includes oxbow lakes, oxbow lakes with shrub swamps, and is considered by some to be the last substantial block of old growth bottomland hardwood forest in Texas.
Mineola Nature Preserve: Located on the Sabine River, it encompasses 2,911 acres located in Wood County and is home to more than 193 species of birds, numerous wildlife, buffalo, longhorn cattle, and a pristine wetlands environment. Walking, hiking, biking, birding, wildlife viewing, equestrian trails, fishing ponds, picnic areas, primitive camping areas, Recreational Vehicle Utility Connections at THE DERBY, two pavilions with restrooms, playground and educational opportunities are all available within the preserve.
Situated less than 30 minutes from White Oak Creek Ranch is Tyler, Texas. As the Rose Capital of Texas, it's always a Rosy Day in Tyler! Whether you love playing in the park with your kids or pets or sitting down to enjoy a great meal at a local eatery, Tyler has something for everyone in the family. Tyler has plenty of local attractions, restaurants, parks, shops, and community events all packed in to one charming and family-friendly downtown area.
LOCAL ATTRACTIONS & EVENTS
• The Bonner-Whitaker McClendon House • Gallery Main Street • Liberty Hall Theatre • Tyler Public Library • Tyler Innovation Pipeline • Historic Cotton Belt Depot / Train Museum • The Discover Science Place • East Texas Symphony Orchestra
Hit the Bricks
On the second Saturday of every month, Downtown Tyler celebrates Hit the Bricks. All sorts of local vendors and organizations host their events Downtown, so be sure to mark your calendar and stop on by! For more information on the events, follow Downtown Tyler on Facebook or visit their website!
June 11th – Summer Festival
July 9th – Classic Car Show
August 13th – Kick-Off to Comic Con
September 10th – Troubadour Festival
October 8th – Texas Rose Association Music Fest
November 12th – Local Arts Festival
December 10th – Sip & Shop Texas Festival
PARKS & RECREATION
The numerous parks throughout Tyler include picnic areas, restrooms, playgrounds, pavilions, and feature other amenities like: Bergfeld Park: a neighborhood park with tennis courts, an amphitheater and "Splasher" the Dolphin Fountain spray-ground. Emmett J. Scott Park: neighborhood park with baseball/softball field and a basketball/multipurpose court. Fun Forest Park/Pool: a spacious park with baseball/softball fields, soccer field, tennis courts, basketball court, pool and water spray-ground. Golden Road Park: a popular park that features baseball, soccer and football fields. Pollard Park: offers tennis courts, soccer and football fields. Glass Recreation Center at Woldert Park: is a multi-use facility including a weight room, fitness classes, pickleball and volleyball courts, arts and crafts room, computer lab, fishing pond and more. Hillside Park: has soccer fields, basketball and multipurpose courts and features a beautiful Art Wall painted by local artists. Lindsey Park: has a softball complex, soccer fields, basketball courts, and disc golf course. Faulkner Park: has baseball/softball fields, batting cages, tennis facility, fishing pond, spray-ground, nature trails, and skate park. Tyler State Park: features a cool, 64-acre spring-fed lake and historic structures. Children's Park of Tyler: is a beautiful place that supports families mourning the loss of a child. Dog Parks: Sunrise Paw Park is four-acres and open 24/7 with no charge to use. Bossart Bark Park is an 8-acre community park that offers small and large dog areas and pet friendly water fountains.
DINING & SHOPPING
• Black Pearl • The Foundry Coffee House • Rick's on the Square • Don Juan on the Square • The Porch at ETX • ETX Brewing Company • Moocho Burrito • Taqueria El Lugar • Sportszone Bar & Grill • Café 1948 • Janie's Cakes • Rhea's Hot Links • Mi Mexico Lindo • Andy's Frozen Custard • Tyler Tortilla Factory • Wendy's • Tapatio's Grilled Chicken • Chick-Fil-A • Culture ETX • Little Caesars Pizza • True Vine on the Square • Uncle Jacks Kitchen • Prime 102 • Lourdes Marie Bakery • Brick's Bar & Grill • Shine Coffee Shop
• Moss – "Where flowers are fair" • Backbone Hair + Beauty • Ye Olde City Antique Mall • Cindy's Balloons • Bills Unclaimed Furniture • Rose City Farmers Market • Mac's Gun Shop • Hacienda Gallery Vintage Shop • Ladies' Time Beauty • Best Jewelers • Vintage History • La Michoacana • Ethel's Treasure Quest • Lucio's Boot Repair & Western Wear • 808 Repairs • Smith Monster Offroad • Salon Selections • People's Barber Shop • Lulu's Beauty Salon • Family Dollar • Salvation Army • HandUp Resale Store • Goodwill
Situated an easy 30 minutes from White Oak Creek Ranch is the town of Longview. With rolling hills, art enriching events throughout the year, and fun-filled festivals to enjoy, this is a place to truly feel at home. Full of creative people, diverse culture, and fascinating history, Longview is a small city that is very big on service. When you take a deeper look at Longview, you'll discover there's more than piney woods. There are also oaks, maples, sweet gum, honey locust, and red cedar which provide beauty from spring through summer and can blaze with fall color well into November. But what really makes Longview a special place is the people.
• Air U Trampoline Park • The Social Snap • Arcade at Longview Mall • Chuck E Cheese • Exit Theory Escape Room • G-Force Trampoline and Karting Complex • Lazer X • Longview Bingo Center • Longview Escape Room • Lumberjacks Axe Throwing • Nip it Golf Indoor Golf Center • Oil Bowl Lanes • Putt-Putt Golf and Games • Regal Longview Stadium 14 & RPX Movie Theater • Rock Point Adventures
Breweries & Wineries:
• Oil Horse Brewing Company • Enoch's Stomp • Fairhaven Vineyards • Los Pinos Ranch Vineyards • Pineywoods Wine Trail • Rowdy Creek Ranch • Thirsty Pines Tour
ZOOS AND WILDLIFE:
• Busy B Ranch • Caldwell Zoo • Cherokee Trace Drive-Thru Safari • Gators & Friends: Exotic Petting Zoo & Adventure Park • Lazy Z Mini Ranch & Petting Zoo • Lonesome Dove Drive-Thru Safari • Tiger Creek Animal Sanctuary
PARKS & RECREATION
• Broughton Recreation Center & Park • Cargill Long Trail • Guthrie Park & Trail • Heritage Plaza • Hinsley Park • Ingram Park • Jack Mann Splash Pad at Lear Park • Kidsview Playground • Lear Park Sports Complex • Longview Arboretum • Longview Swim Center • Mobberly Trail • Paul G Boorman Trail • Spring Hill Park • Stamper Park • Teague Park and Veterans Plaza • The Green
The Stragent Dog Park
is a 7-acre off-leash park has a fenced area for large dogs and a 2-acre off-leash fenced area for small dogs. Bring your pooch and have a ball!
• Alpine Golf Club • Alpine Target Golf • Longview Country Club • Nip it Golf Indoor Golf Center • Pinecrest Country Club • Tempest Golf Club • The Challenge at Oak Forest Country Club • Wood Hollow Golf Club
ARTS & COMMUNITY
This thriving area has so many local events going on each weekend that your weekends could be jammed packed with one adventure right after the other. Or you can casually explore the area and meander from one fun activity to the next. Whatever your style, the best part about Longview is there is always something fun and different to do no matter the season!
• Gregg County Historical Museum • Longview Museum of Fine Art • Longview Public Library • Longview World of Wonders • R.G. LeTourneau Museum and Archives • Veterans Plaza • East Texas Oil Museum • Rangerette Showcase and Museum • Texas Museum of Broadcasting & Communications • Gladewater Museum • Harrison County Historical Museum • Memorial City Hall Galleries • Michelson Museum of Art • New London Museum • ARTS! Longview Cultural District • ArtsView Children's Theatre • LeTourneau University Belcher Center • Create ART! Studio • East Texas Symphonic Band • Longview Ballet Theatre • Longview Symphony • Painting with a Twist • The Mud Hut • Theatre Longview
Known for its pleasing blend of East Texas charm and modern conveniences, the area around White Oak Creek Ranch offers a diverse set of activities and events that are sure to appeal to all ages and interests. For a big city venture, the major cities of Fort Worth and Dallas are both an easy drive from your new ranch homesite.